LAX To London Flights: What You Need To Know Before You Go
Traveling to London from Los Angeles is a popular route for business travelers and vacationers alike. Whether you are off to London to experience the culture, check out world-class attractions, or conduct business, here are some important things to know before you go.
If you are a US citizen flying to London from LAX, you will need a visa. The type of visa that you will require is dependent on the length of your stay.
- Short Stay Visa – a short stay visa is required for visits of six months or less. This includes business trips, vacations, and the like.
- Long Stay Visa – a long stay visa is required for visits of 6 months or longer. This type of visa is needed for extended stays, such as work visas.
- Transit Visa – a transit visa may be required if you are only passing through the UK on your way to another destination.
It is important to make sure that you have obtained the correct visa before you travel. Failure to do so can result in deportation and/or hefty fines.
When looking for flights from Los Angeles to London, it is important to compare and shop around for the best deals. Consider different dates and times for your flights as the rates can vary greatly.
- Frequent Flyer Programs – signing up for frequent flyer programs with airlines can save you a considerable amount of money. You can also compare deals from different airlines and search for any special offers.
- Non-Stop Flights – if you are looking for a direct flight, consider non-stop flights from LAX to London. These will save you time but they can be more expensive.
- Low-Cost Carriers – there are a number of low-cost carriers who offer competitive rates on flights from LAX to London. If you’re willing to sacrifice certain amenities, these can be a great option.
Preparing For Takeoff
When you have booked your flight tickets, there are some important things that you need to do prior to takeoff.
- Pack Wisely – To save time and hassle, make sure that you pack light and only bring what you absolutely need. Research and abide by the rules of what you can and cannot pack.
- Arrive Early – It is important to arrive at the airport early. The exact amount of time will depend on the airline and airport that you are flying but it is best to be there at least 2 hours prior to departure.
- Airport Security– Be aware of the security regulations in effect and be prepared to present your passport, visa, tickets, and other documents as required.
Traveling from Los Angeles to London can be a great adventure. With the right preparation and research, your journey will be smooth and hassle-free. Follow these tips to ensure that you have a safe, enjoyable trip.